Ruth Anne's Blog

Personal blog and Travel Diary

Oct 11, 2009

Sunday in Florence

I arrived in Florence around 11:30 and it took me about half an hour to get the Hostel. I was so spoiled in Siena, the place in Florence isn't half as nice. I am a little concerned about the handle on my luggage getting stuck, but I guess it will be okay. I'll have to figure out how to fix it in the airport. I am sitting on the top terrace of the building waiting for my room to open in 20 minutes. Once I get the room, I would like to go to the Academia to see the authentic statue of David. From there I will go to the Catherdral of S. Maria del Fiore and then walk near the Uffizzi through the Ponte Vecchio. From there i will walk down the side of the Arno river and go to the Piazzale Michelangiolo which has a lovely view of the town. I may go see the Church of Santa Croce where the tumbs of Michelangelo, Galileo, Dante and others are buried. All of the interesting sites charge money for entrance so I might just be happy to walk around. I could go to the Uffizzi but on the first day I always like to walk around the city and enjoy the view. The river Arno is exceptionally beautiful. I can take some time to write postcards.

2 Comments:

At 6:18 AM, Anonymous Jesus said...

See you soon!

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have enjoyed your blog. Thanks for making the effort.
Love,
DAD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home