Ruth Anne's Blog

Personal blog and Travel Diary

Oct 3, 2009

Volterra

I arrived to the conference site 3 kilometers from Volterra from Florence around midnight. The winding drive made me so sick to my stomach, it was a real effort for me to keep it together. So far I have only seen Tuscany at night, and it reminds me so much of Sonoma County, perhaps because of the hills and the vinyards. Of course the architecture is completely different. When I arrived it was already 1 am in the morning but for me it is still the late afternoon. I can't go to sleep. At least I can unpack. There is a shuttle that goes into Volterra in the morning, perhaps I will go take a look around. It will be so nice to see the surroundings in the sunlight. There are so many trees and open fields. I love it.

1 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Jesus said...

Wow those buildings are soo old. Are you in middle of town on Via Roma? Make sure you get pics of the amphitheater. Hugs and Kisses.

Get some sleep Ruru.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home